top of page

Food & Drink



Application Deadline is Aug 18 or when all spaces are filled.

Friday & Saturday - $250 + 8% of gross sales

Saturday Afternoon/Night Only - $200 + 8% of gross sales

Electric Rental Not Available

Rules & Regulations



The Festival is not responsible for any injuries that occur to vendors or their employees, loss or damage to any booth or its contents due to weather, fire, accident, theft, or any other cause. The Festival reserves the right to ask any vendor to leave or remove booth content that is disruptive to the Festival.


>  Complete and submit the online application

>  We review all food & drink vendor applications to ensure that we have the space and do not have too many competing vendors. We will contact you regarding the status of your application and ask for payment. No application is secured until payment and a signed contract is received.

>  You may download a preview copy of the full contract and rules here​. View the Saturday only vendor contract here.

>  Email proof of liability insurance to Your certificate of insurance must specify the Beaverdale Fall Festival as the certificate holder and must include at least $1,000,000 of general liability coverage per occurrence. There is an example here.

>  No refunds unless you are not accepted as a Festival vendor.

>  Be specific on products and food that you want to sell. No changes without approval.

>  A temporary food establishment license must be obtained from the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, independent from this application.


>  Vendor placement is determined by the Festival. Locations will be marked on the street or parking lot, however, set-up cannot begin until instructed by a Festival representative. There is no guarantee that any vendor will get the same space as a previous festival.

 You will receive an email 1-2 weeks prior to the event with specific locations, and set-up instructions.

 You will be assigned a check-in time on Friday between 2 and 3.  Set-up must be complete by 5 pm
Friday, 9 am Saturday.  The Festival officially closes at 11:00 pm, both Friday and Saturday.

 Vendor vehicles cannot be parked within the barricaded Festival area. You will have 15 minutes to unload during set-up.

 Vendors must provide all their own needs, including tables.  The Festival only provides space.

 All vendors must comply with all rules and regulations of the Des Moines Fire Department, City, Polk County Health Department, and the State of Iowa. It is your responsibility to comply and have proof available at your booth.

 Volunteers are given Beaver Bucks to spend with Festival vendors. Vendors must accept Beaver Bucks in lieu of cash and will be reimbursed at the end of the Festival.

>  One vendor per registered space, no exceptions, and no sharing spaces. 


>  Water will be available on the west side of Medicap Pharmacy (hoses are not permitted).

>  Generators are allowed if they run at 70 dB or less and must be indicated on your application.

>  Ice is occasionally available for purchase by bag. Please contact us if you are interested. 


>  Vendors are responsible for their own clean-up and trash bagging. Trash barrels will be available.

>  If damage or excessive clean-up is required at the end of the event, the vendor will be charged.

>  Vendors must be out of the Festival area by 12:30 am Sunday morning.


>  QUESTIONS -- Contact us at

Food Vendors Rules & Guidelines

Food & Drink Vendor FAQs

What is the deadline to apply?

August 18th, 2023, but spaces typically fill up ahead of that. 

What is the cost to be a Food Vendor?

Food Vendors will pay a non-refundable application fee of $250 plus 8% of their gross sales at the festival. 

What if I don't have a general liability insurance policy for $1,000,000?

All of our vendors must have the appropriate general liability insurance to participate in the festival. 

If you are a food vendor and don't already have a general liability insurance policy you can get a short-term general liability policy that meets our requirements. Please follow this link to FLIP Insurance to get an insurance policy for the festival.  

We also recommend you ask your own insurance company for a quote and to discuss your options. 

How will you collect the 8% of sales?

We will provide a paper form for you to record your total sales at the festival. You can either pay us in cash the night of the festival, or we will send you an invoice to be paid in full within 15 days of the festival. 

bottom of page